Friday, June 24, 2005

Combatting Anxiety

Through shopping. Duh.

I took a long lunch today to try and feel less homicidal. I went over to the mall and found a SUPER ADORABLE light blue silk retro polka dotted dress (in a size 4. TAKE THAT M&Ms!) at TJ Maxx for... $20! Yes! I did not, however, get any new shoes because all of the available shoes were either a) too expensive b) ugly c) all of the above. For a brief moment I wished that I could just be one of those people who throw on a pair of bejewelled flip flops and just go. But then I realized I would rather have style.

Post-mall, I headed over to the gear shop to grab a couple of carabiners and check out all the stuff I desperately want/need but can't afford. There was a different dude working who wouldn't let me go behind the counter and fondle the new Camalots. Jerk.

Now I am back at work, not calling Germany and wondering how early I can leave without anyone noticing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bejewelled flip flops are, indeed, the work of the devil. especially on middle-aged women with old, ugly, wrinkly feet.

but damn you for finding a retro polka dot dress before i did!

The Schooligan said...

Sometimes you get lucky...