Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The verdict is: Some people should NEVER wear clingy fabrics

Went to court today to resolve the Great Gas Bill Fiasco of 2005. Surprisingly the hippies showed up. One of them also thoughtfully brought along some print outs of my old blog entries, (Hey guys! How long did it take you to get the drum web up to 11.0 mbps? How much bandwidth can you get from a macrame palnt hanger?) which never actually made it into the discussion. Too bad, I guess Worcester County District Court will have to stalk the Schooligan on their own time.

So anyway, I opted to mediate the situation instead of going before a judge. So we all go into a tiny airless room with a kindly older woman (who had a lot of trouble with math) to mediate. With out getting into the details of who owes who $700, the end result is that los hippos are to pay me $413.62 by June 29. That still leaves me with around $300 owed to the gas company, which I suppose is better than $713. But still...

Can't say I'm thrilled with the situation but at least it is settled. I was remarkably Aggressive-Aggressive and NOT PETTY about the whole thing, which is HUGE for me. You know, me, someone who likes to blog about people and things. You know, people I know and things that happen.

Oh, and i heard that this place supports non-payment of utility bills. FYI...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard, but its just rumor, if you play the djambe, the talking drum and an triangle all at the same time you can get some top drumnet speeds!

of course this is while drinking your 7$ lot guiness and being plugged into your vdub bus's tailpipe