Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Domes...WHAT?? Titty? Huh?

Yesterday was my first real experience with this new thing I am trying out: MY LIFE. I had a bearable day at work and left just before 5 so that I could rush home and change and then rush out to pick up my dad's dog, Finnegan from the kennel. It all went like clockwork, I forgot my keys, the dog's leash, had to run back into the house about 1000 times. Got back, walked dog. Couldn't find collar, so looped leash around his neck like a noose and prayed that he wouldn't choke to death.

The G and I walked to the Big Lie to get some stuff for dinner. It's sort of nice to, you know, have actual food in our refrigerator. He prevented me from buying Oreos, ice cream, mini cupcakes and other things that I should not be eating. Instead we got chicken and vegetables and dish soap and cat food. And then I died of boredom right there in the checkout line. But I was thin, at least.

G had spent the day organizing the kitchen and setting up our table so that we have a place to sit and eat. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO EXCITED ABOUT A TABLE IN MY LIFE. But considering our last meal in the house was chinese take out balanced on milk crates, I feel as though I am entitled to be a bit giddy about sitting at a table. With chairs even! Matching chairs!

We ate dinner sitting at our table and I read outloud from the Sunday Times Wedding announcements all about Elizabeth and Some Dude who met at summer camp and WROTE LETTERS to each other on "handmade stationary" and had Linda Ronstadt at their wedding. And then we both vomited all over our caesar salads.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, who's the grown up one now? Sharing an apartment with a man you're "involved" with that has a real table and chairs... My roomate and I have to eat on TV tray tables in the living room because there's no room in our apartment for a dining room table. Seriously. Do I hear wedding bells in your future? JUST KIDDING!!! Okay, you can stop giving my comment a death-stare...you'll burn holes in your computer!