Monday, September 19, 2005

My cat has HERPES!!

Took Ninja to the vet today to check him out since he has become increasingly sneezey and congested since we brought him home. Turns out he has an upper respiratory infection that is brought on by the cat version of the HERPES virus. I have to give him antibiotics twice a day, shot down his throat with a syringe. He is so in love with me today: He rode in the car back and forth to Westboro, He got a thermometer stuck up his butt, and then he got RASPBERRY flavored medicine shot down his throat. No idea why the medicine is fruit flavored since I can't think of any cat who would like that over, say, TUNA flavor, or HUMMUS flavor in Underfoot's case.

On Friday, Pt and I had Mike H and Sands over for dinner. It was, as he put it, "A Rousing Success" for the Voodoo Lounge. He made this Pasta Fantastico with Italian Sausage and yummy bruscetta and Mike brought a Peach Pie that I ate waayyyyyy too much of. God damn him and his irresistable pies.

Sunday, I went to Rumney with Forrest, Mike and Mikey. I managed to lacerate my fingers climbing this really sharp 10c that totally shut me down. Man, after months of trad climbing, anything over 5.7 really seems difficult! Although, of course, I am really sore today which seems unfair considering how little I actually climbed. *sigh*

No comments: