Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloweener

pumpkins

Here are the pumpkins that PT and I carved last night. He chose a variation on the traditional Jack-O-Lantern, with triangle eyes. I freehanded a face of sorts with the help of my $1.99 Walgreens pumpkin carving kit. You get this mini saw thing and a plastic scraper for getting the guts out of your pumpkin. Totally worth the money.

Every year I tell myself that I want to get all excited about Halloween and dress up and do... something. And every year, I seem to be at a loss for what that something is. This year was no exception.

On Saturday I met up with Mikey and Forrest for some climbing at Metro Rock. It started snowing on my way in, and by the time we left the gym, I had to brush substantial snow off my car. OF course we had a snowball fight in the parking lot.

Following that, Forrest and I met up with Elaine for some dinner. She took us to this Brazilian restaurant and we ate a bunch of things with various unidentifiable types of meat. MMmmm. Elaine confessed that she doesn't really get halloween either. As she put it, Maybe I am just a little dead inside, but I have no desire to dress up.

I know what she means.

No comments: