Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Just because it's "Retro" doesn't mean it's a good idea

On Sunday, PT and I had a "retro dinner". He showed me how to make meatloaf, and took sadistic pleasure in watching me squish raw hamburger through my fingers. We also had mashed potatoes and gravy and I made this... dessert.

I found the recipe in a cookbook specializing in recipes from the 50's.
It is "Twinkie Pie".
Yes. Twinkie. Pie.

I layerd trisected twinkies with melted chocolate, pecans and topped the whole mess with Cool Whip.

I was both pleased and ashamed of myself.

Turns out, it is quite good. For approximately 2 bites, and then the tooth rotting sweetness headache and self loathing set in. There is no reason on earth why human beings should eat such a confection.

PT took a bite and exclaimed, It's like WHITE TRASH TIRAMISU.

No comments: