Monday, November 28, 2005

Holiday Weekend

Although I had FOUR DAYS OFF, it still wasn't quite enough. But what can I say, I am a greedy, slothful bastard.

Pre-Thanksgiving (And FYI, it ENRAGES me when people say "turkey day" because it takes all meaning out of the holiday, which is SECULAR to begin with.) I went to various websites and looked up all this info on calories of Thanksgiving dinner. I found horrifying figures like the average person eats 7500 calories that day, which seems completely ridiculous to me. So, I found a site that tells you the calories of some typical Thanksgiving foods, and even with generous estimates (like I use 1/3 cup of gravy) it said that I would consume about 1200 calories, half of which was pie. That made me feel better about having Thanksgiving dinner TWICE. Once with my family, (where we found out that Grandma's will was already set so we didn't have to pretend to like her squash anymore), and once at G's dad's house.

I definitely had too much bourbon Thursday night and passed out on the living room floor watching Ravenous because not only is Guy Pierce completely yummy, but nothing says gluttony like cannibalism.

Ok, so PT and I got the first season of Desperate Housewives on Netflix, and spent last weekend AND this weekend watching all 22 episodes. I had ordered it "just to see what all the fuss was about" and fully intended to HATE IT. But, I didn't. It is a REALLY GOOD SHOW. It's dark and twisted and smart and funny (and apparently a lot like my boyfriend, now that I think about it) and hopelessly addicting.

After we finished the 6th disc and watched the Season Finale that didn't answer all of our burning questions, we watched all the special features, cast interviews, behind the scenes, etc.
Me: Do you know what we are doing right now?
PT: Uh. Watching the special features?
Me: No. We are desperately licking the floor of the bathroom in hope that we find some more crack.

No comments: