Monday, November 14, 2005

Somehow I got all frumpy

I mean, I thought that pairing the funeral-esque black lace skirt with a Tit-tastic pink sweater and kicky heels would help me retain my youth. But then, I found myself eating Quaker "weight control" oatmeal at my desk and wondering if I should join Curves. No, not really. Except the oatmeal bit. But I just bought it because it was on the banged up discount rack at the Big Lie. I noticed later that it was "weight control" oatmeal. I think it works because it TASTES LIKE ASS, so you instantly lose all desire to eat it. Bleck.

It's too bad because I really like oatmeal. Instant oatmeal, anyway, that I can make at work.

This weekend, PT and I discovered "Desperate Housewives". I had put the first season on my Netflix queue just too see what all the fuss was about. And we stayed up until 2am on Saturday watching it. I sort of hate myself for liking it so much, which is weird, because I am not ashamed of reading all about celebrities even when NOT in the gorcery checkout line. But we got totally hooked. And the best thing about Netflix is that you don't have to wait for the episodes to air, you can binge on 4 of them all at once! Who cares that they are at least a year old?

Oh, and the kitchen is going... very... slowly... I need at LEAST another coat on the tiny corner by the bathroom before it could be considered done. Tell me again what is wrong with an ugly kitchen? Although, I have not freaked out about it or thrown anything, rather, I have calmly ignored the Underfoot hairs that have dried into the baseboard. Go Acupuncture! (And, incidentally, I am not alone.)

No comments: