Monday, December 19, 2005

Ammendment

Oh, so on the bourbon ball recipe?
I totally forgot that you are supposed to add about 1/2 c. of sugar. Either granulated or powdered.

I got so caught up with the BOURBON, I forgot about all the other ingrediants.
How very like me!
So, sorry, but I am sure that they were fine anyway because corn syrup is really friggin sweet and then you rolled them in sugar (probably) at the end, so am sure they are yummy. But, again, sorry for the omission.

Yesterday Elaine and Leah came over to make holiday cookies. I spent the previous 2 days frantically freaking out on the phone to PT about how I needed to clean the house. Yes, I know that I could have just CLEANED it instead of getting hysterical while NOT CLEANING, but my brain totally doesn't work that way. I stopped myself from hands and knees scrubbing of the kitchen floor after remembering that we would be BAKING and therefore tossing dry ingrediants around Swedish Chef style and that it would be far more beneficial to scrub the floor AFTER we finished the cookies. I did however manage to get up ALL the broken glass, which I deemed necessary.

I had the foresight (and mania) to make up the sugar cookie dough ahead of time so that when the girls came over we could just do the fun part with the cookie cutters and the decorating. We made about 10000 cookies. Seriously. We then applied homemade icing with toothpicks and wee paint brushes to each individual cookie. It was fun... for about 4 cookies, and then we quit with the hand painted manger scenes and just started globbing on icing any old way. It was like a cookie sweat shop: three girls hunched over piles of cookies, silently decorating. Every so often one of us would eat a cookie and we would all sigh and think, Whew. That's one more we don't have to paint.

It was quite nice sitting in my KITCHEN THAT I FINALLY FINISHED PAINTING (oh yes i did!), eating and singing Christmas carols and baking. PT arrived unnanouced at some point, much to my delight. And proceeded to make a hummus and mozzerella stick sandwich. Not that I am getting on him about nutrition after I spent 2 days eating pretty much nothing but cookies. Just saying. But it was a lovely almost-christmas surprise. (The visit and the sandwich)

Suffice to say, the house looks immaculate and I am thoroughly sick of cookies.

No comments: