Thursday, December 22, 2005

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things The Schooligan can't stop listening to:


1. Goody Two Shoes- Adam Ant (Write it on a pound note, pound note!)
2. Santa Baby- Marilyn Monroe (Think of all the fun I've missed, think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed...)
3. 99 Red Balloons- Nena (English and German*! Hast du etwas Zeit für mich
Dann singe ich ein Lied für dich Von 99 Luftballons Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont)
4. Honky Tonk Badonkadonk- Trace Adkins (Ridiculous! Hillarious! Badonkadonk!)
5. I Want A Lover I Don't Have to Love- Bright Eyes (This song is so beautiful and disturbing and sad. "I want a boy so drunk he doesn't talk")
6. Blue Christmas- Elvis (My brother hates this song because it is "too sad". Well Sometimes Christmas IS SAD, buddy!)
7. Son of a Preacher Man- Dusty Springfield (This is the only good song she ever recorded. Seriously.)
8. Western Skies- Chris LeDoux (He died this year, and I am still sad. This song makes me miss Colorado so much it hurts.)
9. Dominic the Christmas Donkey- I have no idea (This song puts me into hysterics EVERY SINGLE TIME. I had no idea that Santa's reindeer had trouble climbing the hills of Italy. NO IDEA.)
10. Laffy Taffy- D4L (This is the WORST SONG EVER. So obscene. So funny. AND IT ONLY HAS 2 NOTES! Skeet skeet skeet!)
11. Grillz- Nelly (What can I say? Nelly does it again, even more ridiculous than the last time. Why? "Got bill in my mouth like Hillary Rodham." Ugh.)
12. Don't Change Your Plans- Ben Folds Five (Again with the heartbreaking. "You have made me smile again, In fact I think I'm sore from it, It's been a while.")
13. Another Travellin Song- Bright Eyes (Yes, I love the Bright Eyes. "I will fight like hell to hide that I have given up")




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!





5 comments:

Uisce said...

Thank you so much for getting "Goody Two Shoes" stuck in my head! :)

My T13: http://whiskeytalking.blogspot.com/2005/12/thursday-thirteen-days-of-christmas.html

Anonymous said...

Dominic the Christmas donkey? I've never heard of that song. But the title does promise a song of hilarity.

Madelaine said...

What a great list! I haven't heard all those songs, but I love the Santa Baby song.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

My 13 is up.

Running2Ks said...

Your song list ROCKS! I love those. I love that there is old and new in there. Love it :)

My 13 are up.

Anonymous said...

please to make me a bright eyes cd...

SLEV