Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Friends let friends eat whole bags of Cool Ranch Doritos

This past weekend, my lovely friend Sara flew out from San Francisco. We hadn't seen each other in a while and with all the recent emotional drama, I was looking forward to ranting over several bottles of wine. Which we did. It was all awesome girl power, Bridget Jones, drunken Karaoke and pizza. The only disappointment was going to Vincent's on Saturday night after running my mouth off about how cool and hip the place was and arriving to find the place chock full of aging rockers. [Note: The bar really isn't that big... about the size of a diner, so really, the band could have not amplified quite so much and the people in the back (i.e. 20 feet away) would have heard just fine.] There was, however, the quintessential Worcester experience of trying to explain Manhattans to drunk frat boys and then not actually getting any free drinks for your trouble.

In speaking of Manhattans, I am thinking of having a wee retro cocktail party in the near future and am interested in getting some ideas for appetizers. Also, is there a definite meaning to "cocktail length" when referring to a dress? I seem to see everything from just above the knee to 2 inches above the ankle. That's a bit of a discrepancy.

With all my recent transcribing for Boulder and his AT adventures, I have been neglecting my own blog. But after writing about someone in the act of WALKING 2000 miles, anything I have to say just seems frivolous. LIke how I seem to have a bit of a cold. Went to bed last night feeling icky and woke up feeling ickier. Sore throat, feverish feeling, generalized unpleasantness... On the plus side, I had an acupucnture session today and experienced Moxibustion to help the sickyness. Seriously, is there anything acupuncture CAN'T do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry! It's all my fault for sneezing my way through the bag of Cool Ranch Doritos (breakfast of champions).

If it makes you feel better, my left ear didn't pop from the airplane until this morning. I spent all day yesterday feeling like i was underwater, and was cranky about it.

Anonymous said...

VINCENT'S IS ONLY COOL WHEN YOU GET PULLED OUT BY 2PM AND SOMEONE ELSE HAS TO DRIVE YOUR CAR HOME!!!!! BOURBON SUNDAY'S YAY!
OR BETTER YET

NAAAAAH I WONT GOT THERE
EEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT OMG IT'S AND ACCIDENT! SORRY I HAD TOO!