Sunday, March 26, 2006

I Need to Sanitize

Let it never be said that The Schooligan throws a bad party. Let it also never be said that she doesn't give bourbon credit where credit is due.

The scene: Voodoo Lounge
Schooligan enters stage right

Schooligan: Anyone care for a whiskey sour?

Repeat until incoherent and/or you have consumed an entire block of Brie.

On the plus side, I turned the back room into a guest bedroom. I finally got the thing cleaned up and ready for... the cats to have another place to snooze.

The MiniSchooligan and I ventured out today to give The Bollywood Grill (nee, Chef of India) another chance. It used to be the best Indian restaurant around, but then it closed, got renovated and reopened. It has never been the same since. Now, don't get me wrong, I think that multiple TVs showing Bollywood films add a great touch to ANY establishment, but when the quality of your buffet suffers as a result... well, I can't abide by that.

The 2 times I have been there afer the reopening, I was grossly disappointed with the place. (And by gross, I mean, throwing up in my bathroom) However, because there is virtually no other place to get my pakora fix, I decided to give them one more chance. It turned out ok. They had FISH PAKORAS, which were AMAZING. And the Tandoori Chicken was perfect. Oh, god and the spinach and chick peas... (Must stop before I short out my laptop with drool.) Suffice to say, my faith has been restored.

I feel like my Bollywood experience is some sort of lesson in friendship. You know, everyone makes mistakes, everyone has bad days, but it doesn't mean they're a bad friend... it just means that maybe you need to give them some time to get their shit together while you try not to talk too much smack about them, but when you finally resolve your issues, you remember exactly why you were friends in the first place: samosas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I was bummed when they changed. Somehow the atmo after just didn't sit well with me. It wasn't so cheap either...I haven't had the chance yet to give it another go. They were so good before...
Sara

Anonymous said...

Not to mention the stupid annoying woman sitting behind me! I wanted to throw something at her. But it's ok we sanitized after.

-MiniSchooligan