Thursday, March 09, 2006

thursday 13



Thirteen 13 Things The Schooliganis especially proud of these days



1. Having the courage to give up ice cream AND pastry for Lent.
2. Not wavering in this... (yes, it has only been one week...but still...)
3. Making and mostly sticking to a weekly budget (SO. VERY. HARD.)
4. Going to Pilates when I would much rather stay in bed.
5. FINALLY getting around to reading Gone with the Wind.
6. Paying off all my library fines ($22 *gulp*)
7. Not crying, freaking out or throwing things in OVER A WEEK.
8. Remembering that one can use the "Delete" button when checking email instead of automatically hitting "Reply" (see above, re: not freaking out)
9. Dropping a pill in the sink and grabbing it BEFORE it bounced down the drain. TWICE! (Yes, should really stop taking pills over the sink.)
10. Not buying the cute green striped skirt at Old Navy yesterday even though it was a SIZE 2. (In speaking of which, what the hell has happened to sizes at Old Navy? The last time I was a size 2 was... um... NEVER. Not exactly complaining, just wondering.)
11. Keeping my car from turning into a complete trash receptacle. (Of course, have not had first camping/climbing trip yet...)
12. Actually climbing when I work at the climbing gym instead of lounging on the floor with a magazine.
13. Conscious effort to dry my hair post-shower instead of sleeping on it wet and waking up look like Bride of Frankenstein.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

3 comments:

Froggie said...

Wow! You have been accomplishing alot! Yah!! I've been trying to keep to a weekly budget... but man is that hard. I'll keep trying though.

Got my TT up!

Anonymous said...

Good for you with all the work you've been doing. I'm impressed that you're really giving up the good stuff for lent...don't think I could do it.

Thanks for visiting my 13.

Anonymous said...

I gave up all sugar. *sigh* So far so good though! Good luck on yours! My 13 is up :)