Monday, May 23, 2005

An Eye Gouging Good Time

After a glorious climb on Saturday, I was utterly unprepared for Sunday. I attended, with my sister in tow, Heather's (my cousin Seth's fiancee) bridal shower.

The fun began Friday afternoon when Annie and I made a last minute run to BloodBath & Beyond to get ANYTHING off of the bridal registry. Of course, all the moderately cool stuff had been purchased and I am seriously lacking in creativity when it comes to weddings, so there was no way I was going to think of my own gift... especially when Heather had already thoughtfully made a list so that I wouldn't have to think, so I ended up getting her an IRONING BOARD. I have never felt so lame. Well, until I had to walk into her parents' house with the damn thing. We stuck a bow on it and marched boldly into the fray. Of course, everyone was all, I WONDER WHAT THAT COULD BE! But seriously, how the heck would you wrap an ironing board? Seriously.

My sister and i had a really good time rewriting the Hallmark wedding shower cards with things like, Marriage: Happiness, Love, Ironing. And, A present for both of you! Except, who are we kidding, Seth doesn't iron!

Now, I love Heather, but the shower was SO. INCREDIBLY. DULL. I was on the verge of gouging out my own eyes with boredom. My sister stopped me, You're nails are too short, Here, let me! My sister said she felt as though all her youth and energy were sucked dry and that her face was beggining to sag. I know how she feels.

The most interesting thing was watching Heather in the balloon festooned Bride-to-Be Throne and thinking, THIS. WILL. NEVER. BE. MY. LIFE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow i never felt so old in my whole entire life..

Anonymous said...

SUCK --yeah i was just invited to a co-ed baby shower --ALLLLLLL SET! YEAH UMM THAT DAY YEAH I I I HAVE TO YEAHHHHHH!