Wednesday, May 25, 2005

It's all about Sole

Today we had a proposal lunch at the Sole Proprietor to celebrate the successful submission of the Chesterfield proposal and the successful ruining of my weekend retreat to Vermont.

I am so in favor of the 2 hour lunch. I am also in favor of two glasses of wine at lunch. Especially when it is Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc. And especially, especially when I am not paying for it.

Despite being the slightest bit tipsy, I still feel like absolute ass. Albeit an ass filled with sashimi tuna and fried calamari and, so help me god, tiramisu.

The lunch was typically work-awkward with me sniffling and sneezing into my napkin every 14 seconds. I eventually told the woman next to me that she didn't have to say "Bless You" after every time I sneezed because it was quickly getting ridiculous.

In speaking of ridiculous, here is another photo of me (and Scott) on Whitehorse ledge:

Now, please note that I am attempting to (inexplicably) strike some sort of supermodel pose. If a supermodel were wearing a bright orange helmet and green raingear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the "Bless You" comment!!! makes no sense to me!

The Schooligan said...

I think it has something to do with ye olden days when people thought sneezing (and everything else for that matter) had to do with evil spirits and "Bless You" was a way of warding off said evil spirits.
Or something...

Anonymous said...

that picture is cute, you look kind of like maggie gyllenwhateverhall...only with a helmet on.

The Schooligan said...

Really? AWESOME.
Mmmmm. Secretary...