Monday, May 02, 2005

Shameful

Sometimes even the Schooligan does things that she isn't proud of.

Yesterday, against our better judgement, we let Forrest convince us to drive up to Rumney and attempt to climb. It was raining. Hard. But Forrest insisted that the National Weather Service Satellite showed NO RAIN in Rumney and that the 15-20 mile per hour westerly winds would dry out the rock.

He was wrong.

I spent most of the afternoon huddled under a rock while Mikey, Adam and Forrest squinted up at the cliffs trying to pretend that they were looking at dry rock. I was pleased, however, with the performance of my new waterproof jacket. I just wish that I didn't have to test it out so thoroughly. Mikey commented at one point that "50 degrees and windy is PRIME HYPOTHERMIA conditions". Awesome.

After everyone was sufficiently wet and cold and crabby, we headed over the the cafe to get some warmth and pie and dry places to sit. The pie was ALMOST worth it.

And of course the sun came out.

Back at home, I found myself lounging on the sofa and watching TV. I have an illicit cable connection (shhhh.) and was too tired and demoralized from the failed climbing trip to contemplate doing any of the things I should have been doing instead of lying in front of Satan-vision.

Inexplicably, I found myself watching THIS

It was horrible. It was sickening.
I COULDN'T TEAR MYSELF AWAY.

Why, Rosie, why???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW i was watching that as well!! Well dad was and i was forced to because i was sitting on the couch...it was SO BAD!!

haha -Annie

Anonymous said...

:) i found your new site! that was especially clever of me considering there was a link to it on your myspace thingy...and myspace does suck a lot! it never ceases to make me feel like a loser because everyone else on it has like THREE THOUSAND FRIENDS and i just worked my way up to what, twenty-two? -grace

Anonymous said...

Gee, I managed to miss that one. I guess I'll have to get my Rosie fix by watching "A League of Their Own" for about the thousandth time. Maybe i'll throw in another viewing of "Hudson Hawk" too and Andie McDowell is in that so it would be just like watching the Hallmark movie!!!! Plus I'd get the added bonus of seeing David Caruso play a character named "Kit Kat".