Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Suicide and Technology

So, I got this new laptop last week. It is great and I love it... except that there was something weird going on with the wireless connection thingy. Like, I kept getting an error message about how I wasn't able to connect to a wireless network EVEN WHEN I KNEW THERE WAS ONE AVAILABLE. I tried looking at all the support websites and even contemplating pleading ignorance to the greasy blue shirts at Best Buy, right after I threw the damn computer at them.

I emailed my favorite IT guy at cock and begged him to please take a look at the damn thing before I go completely crazy. He said he would, but not until tomorrow.

In the meantime, Digital P gave me a tech tip about going into the windows set up thingamadoo and making sure all the correct boxes were ticked... and lo! The automatic supersonic hypnotic funky fresh wireless configuration box WAS NOT TICKED!!!

I ticked it and eagerly restarted my machine...

Now I am getting a message that it is TRYING to connect to a wireless network, but is unable to find one. PROGRESS!

While all this was going on, I was reading This Website.

I got to thinking... why do people kill themselves? How can you feel so utterly hopeless and that things will never get better?

Buy a computer.

No comments: