Monday, June 20, 2005

Holy Smokes!

Last Thursday, Gargamel and I went to the Holy Smokes! bbq joint to celebrate Mark Miller's birthday. I was fully expecting a solo piccolo performance preceeding dinner, but it was actually THIS Mark Miller. Who knew there were so many talented Mark Millers???

Anyway, I was feeling kind of ill, but I ordered the short ribs anyway. I asked our server to make sure he brought me something that resembled an entree straight outta the Flintstones. He did not disappoint me.

Partway through dinner, Gargamel excuses himself to go outside. Not sure if it was the effects of dining in a CHURCH on Worcester's most notorious SuperVillain or what, but he VOMITED ALL OVER THE FRONT LAWN. Mmmmm. Exorcist Barbeque.

We head out shortly after that and as we are driving back to G's dad's house, we hit a GIGANTIC POTHOLE on Rt. 9 in Hadley. Like so vast that it sucked my car down into the 3rd circle of hell. And BUSTED my tire. We pulled over into a parking lot to call AAA and within minutes another car had hit the same HELLMOUTH HOLE and busted their tire. It was late, it was raining, G valiantly offered to change my tire but I said, What the hell do I pay $60 a year for? So we waited. And waited. And chatted with the nice kids from UMASS who were also waiting for AAA to come change the tire on their Audi A6.

AAA FINALLY shows up, puts on my spare and we head back to G's dad's house. Bed. Wake up late for work, rush outside to find that my spare tire, while not exactly FLAT is too squashy to drive back to Worcester with. I call into work and spend the remainder of the day getting $293 worth of new tires put on my car. (I got the back ones replaced as well. They were pretty much BALD. Yes, my car was a DEATH TRAP.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know your younger brother got a 790 on the world history SAT II's? This is not him, it's Grace, bragging for him because this proves he is a GENIUS and he doesn't have a cool blog of his own to comment on.

Anonymous said...

If you bitch to the city about it and explain you weren't the only one they are usually pretty good at rembursing you the $$$...

The Schooligan said...

Actually, we did complain to the (suckass) town of Hadley, and they told us to lodge a complaint to the MassHighway Dept. So I did that. We shall see...