Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Schooligan is NOT melting

It has been oppressively hot the past few days. So hot that Empress Fuzz Pants hasn't been demanding food. Rather, she just lays on the floor all stretched out panting. She was ignoring me for a while after I left her alone all weekend with only a bowl of food and the open toilet bowl for company. Then, last night, before pilates (which was a whole other circle of HELL) she came over to snuggle with me as I lounged on the sofa in front of the fan. She worked her kitty mind control so well, that after Pilates I headed straight to Target where I bought another fan. Of course, there were only three fans left in the entire store, so I got the small, yet SUPER VELOCITY desktop fan.

Upon returning home, I set it up in my living room in such a way that when UnderFizz and I lounged on the sofa, we would be in fan crossfire. I turned it on and then stepped out onto the porch to enjoy a beer and a smoke.

When it was time for bed, I realized just how SUPER VELOCITY the fan was. It sounded like there was a blackhawk helicopter hovering in my living room.

No comments: