Thursday, June 30, 2005

Sometimes Hippies Pay the Darndest Bills

When I opened (ok, not literally opened because technically the thing doesn't close) my mailbox yesterday evening and saw an envelope from the Hippies containing an ON TIME payment of their debt, well, you could have knocked me over with a feather. Who would have thought?

Lucky for me and Princess FuzzButt I had had the foresight to purchase a 4 Pack of Sutter Home Single Serving Bottles of Chardonnay. We cracked them and toasted the legal system.

As glad as I am to have at least part of my money, I am sort of disappointed that the hippies so easily BOW TO THE "MAN". You know? I mean, where is the 2 am drum circle now???

I have always suspected that they were Faux Hippies. I mean, countless times I had pulled recyclables out of the TRASH and exasperatedly told them as much, only to get a, *giggle* Ooops! Sorry. Too busy not buying toilet paper and filling the house with bad art to care about Recycling.

Anyway, perhaps I can repair my damaged relationship with N-Star gas and come crawling back to them...

No comments: