Friday, July 15, 2005

No, it's NOT Bastille Day




But IT IS my v. good friend Emily's birthday AND my sister's birthday!
Happy birthday guys! Mini Schooligan, for you I pretended to give blood so that I could get a FREE TICKET to 6 Flags! Dee dee dee dee dee dee dee!

Last night, Emily and I drove to Boston to meet up with some of her friends and have dinner and celebrate. I was in awe of how thin and gorgeous everyone was. Because, you know, I haven't showered because I CAN'T and my feet smell funny because my only unpacked shoes have STINK LINES above them, and my glasses kept falling down my greasy nose and I was wearing the same jeans I have been wearing for, um, too long to admit. I tried to excuse my terrible appearance with, I just moved, but it seems like I have either just moved, am getting ready to move or actually MOVING for the past year now. NO MORE.

I did manage to avoid freaking out when I took the painter's tape off my walls and also took large strips of paint clean off as well. I threw the ball of tape across the room, but did NOT hurl myself out the window as I had threatened to previously. See? Progress. And I am NOT climbing this weekend expressly so that I can get my apartment into something resembling liveable so that when G gets back from the wilds of Western MA he can see how very NON FREAKED OUT and OH SO ADULT I am. And, also, will have some place to put his stuff that isn't in close proximity to wet paint.

I will not adopt a Jack Russell Terrier from the Worcester Animal Rescue League nor will I get a tattoo. I will clean and organize my apartment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey

long time listener, first time caller.

Only slightly snubbed at being deemed a "good friend" but this is possibly because I completely spaced out on Saturday night. Sorry, as usual.

love you tons, my thin and gorgeous (best, oldest) friend.