Monday, July 18, 2005

Flawed

One of my biggest problems is my propinquity toward focusing on the flaws rather than the good bits. (see? I can be a famous blogger too! And misuse words!) No, seriously, I am way more inclined to look at myself and say, WOW! You have a huge fat belly! than say something like, Your climbing muscles look really kick ass! Chalk it up to low self-esteem or whatever you want, but it kinda sucks. Especially when it comes to painting.

I finished painting my room and the dining room this weekend. THEY ARE TOTALLY DONE. Done, like, NO MORE PAINTING REQUIRED. Which should be a huge victory considering all the threats I have uttered to PT in particular about how I was going to hurl myself out the window rather than pick up another paint brush. (Action Geek suggested that G might want to invest in something like this for all the windows.) But instead of popping a bubbling bottle of luke warm diet coke and touting my DIY greatness, I stood in the dining room for a good 15 minutes PICKING OUT ALL THE PLACES THAT ARE LESS THAN PERFECT. I really need to get some furniture in there so that I can stop obsessing. Or at least put some stuff in front of the obsessing. But nothing that can scratch the paint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and why must she always dress her children in the same clothes???

propinquity MY ASS.