Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My Gigantic Ass Occasionally Comes in Handy

Like today, when I had to pull lunch for 12 people out of it.
I am V. V. TIRED of working magick all the time because noone at COCK can plan ahead.

In other news... I watched SAW the other night. And I am not ashamed to say that I was FREAKED THE FUCK OUT. Like, I made UnderBrush go and check all the closets to make sure that no serial killers were lurking inside. There weren't, but she did save me from a small beetle that was determined to share my pillow. He dropped out of nowhere and RIGHT NEXT TO MY FACE. Almost instantly, Underfoot swooped down and crunched him up in one determined bite. Then she looked surprised, spit him out (onto my pillow, I might add) and swiped at him a few times with her paw. Then she looked at me expectantly, like, ummm, I'm not sure what happened with this, but I think I am supposed to, like, you know, play with this thing before I finally eat it, right?

I patted her on the head and disposed of the bug. She seemed pleased with herself and we settled back down.

I went to my cousin Seth's wedding this weekend. Now, I am totally not the type of person who gets all emotional about marriage (unless you count hives as "getting emotional"), but when Heather walked down the aisle in her strapless, A-line, off white, embroidered gown, I was moved to tears. As I mentioned to my cousin Zach's girlfriend Amanda (who plays the spoons like a god damned demon) while we waited in the receiving line, I can't get excited about weddings, but FASHION, fashion gets me all choked up.

The ceremony was nice and the reception was ok. Wisely they chose to have a cash bar which totally cut down on my enjoyment, but it was nice chatting with my grandmother. Otherwise I would not have known about the insidious plot on the part of the Chinese to cripple America by manufacturing shoes without adequate support! The HORROR! But seriously, knowledge is totally power.

No comments: