Friday, August 12, 2005

AniMail

Anyone who has cats can tell you just how demanding they can get when they decide it's time to eat. UnderFizzle is usually really good about not bugging me for breakfast until the designated 6.30 am wake up. Occasionally, she'll stand on my chest and lick my face at 5.15 in hopes that i will be fooled/annoyed and feed her early. I am far to smart to fall for this trick and usually roll over and ignore her for another hour.

This morning, she actually let me sleep in until 6.40, but when I did get up she ran from room to room, MEEEWWWWING in the most demanding and piercing way. Like, "You can pee AFTER I get my cat chow. JEEZ." I finally stumbled over to her dish and dumped some food in, but in the process, I knocked over her water dish and spilled water all over her dining area. I went back to the kitchen to get a towel to wipe it up, and the damn cat followed me, her MEEEEEWWWWWWWS getting increasingly more annoyed. HOW DARE I EXPECT HER TO ENJOY BREAKFAST IN A PUDDLE OF WATER. STUPID HAIRLESS ONE! I wiped up the water and she deigned to eat her breakfast.

I stumbled around the apartment trying to get myself together and out the door to work. I had my clothes on and my laptop over my shoulder, but I hadn't gotten around to putting my shoes on yet. I stopped to give Gargamel a hug and say goodbye and he looked at me and said, "Don't forget your shoes."

As I was driving down Park Ave, by Elm Park, traffic suddenly ground to a halt. We were a ways from the Highland Street intersection and I was about to get all BEEEEEEPY on the dude who was holding things up. Then I looked up to see a parade of geese crossing the street. It was just like that book with the ducks and Boston and thing. Just like all the annoying pedestrians in Worcester, the geese took their sweet time crossing AGAINST THE LIGHT, as they moved to check out the action on the opposite side of the street.

I stopped at Starbucks on my way to work. I really hate that I go there. I mean, their coffee is expensive, they are run by Satan, they make you order things in a ridiculous way... but something about a triple shot cappuccino just effing sucks me in there more often than I would like to admit. My old friend Matt B., whom I used to mercilessly tease (sorry, man!) about his soulless dedication to SBucks, would be proud of me I think. Or at least give me the ole, I TOLD YOU SO! I may be losing my soul, but at least it's covered in caramel. Mmmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.dsquared.org/cats.html