Wednesday, August 24, 2005

M&M Fast Continued...

Begining Day 3 of NO M&Ms... For someone sitting next to a FOUR POUND BAG, that is no small feat.

After getting hideously drunk on Saturday (sorry to anyone I may have offended), I woke up Sunday morning feeling slightly wretched and obliged to attend the Rutland Clam Chowder Festival with my grandmother. At the moment of my doom, I could not think of ONE SINGLE THING that I wanted less than clam chowder.

My dad, my sister and G arrived at the Stidesn Family Compound around noon-ish and headed over to the festival. My grandmother immediately embraced G and then forgot his name (Bill? George?). Still, she is 82 years old and it was about 97 degrees out, I was forgetting things too.

Is there anything worse than clam chowder when it is a bazillion degrees outside and you are hung over?

I contest that there is NOT.

Still, we made are way around the Chowder Tent sampling soup from various vendors. Then we voted. I voted for The Boynton because they had Tobasco at their table, and their chowder was light on the clams. Oh, did I mention I don't really like clams? Heh.

Post-chowder tasting, we melted back to my grandma's house where she gave my sister and I bedspreads and percolators. G and I had noticed that the Voodoo Lounge might be lacking in a lot of things (silverware, overhead lighting, switchplates) but we have more than enough coffee pots, blankets and towels. And now we have more. I feel like I am running a percolator rescue. GOt any unwanted electric percolators? Send them to me!

With my Grandma, it is far easier to take whatever she gives you and donate it later than to argue with her about why you don't want it. So when she sized up George? Ralph? Peter? and decided that he was the perfect size for my dead Grandpa's shirts. Thankfully, he was gracious and took the shirts without protest. Even more thankfully, my boyfriend has a vastly different style than and 84 year old man.
Photos to follow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quite the Blog site Jess. You are quite the character!!! Nice to hear you are doing well.