Thursday, August 18, 2005

Updates

1. About the girl who got hit with the falling tree while climbing last weekend:

I'd like to thank Rob and Mike for their assistance Sunday (please someone pass this on). While I know I could have gotten my partner/belayer down safely, it was great having Al their direct the rescue because I was emotionally involved and concerned for my partner. Also, having other climbers nearby (like Rob and Mike) is a comfort. I'm sorry I couldn't give you a proper thank you at the cliff.

FYI, my partner is recovering nicely. The helmet surely saved her from a more significant head injury (at the least) and her thumb was badly bruised (not broken). Her leg was badly bruised and scraped and her other hand bruised as she used it to brace herself. The scare and thoughts of what COULD have happened play over constantly in our minds, and that's the more significant impact. We feel very lucky and also see this as a huge learning experience. We did everything right - we reacted and responded in the best way we could under the circumstances. Not much else you can do about a tree falling on your line...we will both be climbing again this weekend and will be on that same line (replacing the bad images with good ones) in no time at all.

Climb safe everyone!


2. Pants Rant 2005: As of today, G has a number of calls into JNY customer service and is sharpening his "face ripping gloves" in preparation for what might me a v. v. interesting trip back to Wrentham. We also ordered him some new boots because what is a wedding without spikey HELL BOOTS? and they appear to be lost in the mail.

G responds.

No comments: