Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Why did no one tell me about the SKELETONS???

Last night I came homne from work with one of those headaches only comprehensible to PMS sufferers. I immediately threw down some Vitamin I and went to bed. PT and Ninja came in for a wee snuggle before going off to attack catnip filled mice and design websites, respectively. I woke up around 7 and briefly debating skipping Pilates cause that would involve getting out of bed and going to Pilates. Then I thought about all the brownies I ate yesterday and decided I liked being thin more than sleeping. So I went.

It was, as the only male in the class put it, Pilates Boot Camp. By the end, the red balls were rolling all over the place and my arms were total rubber. But I walked a little taller and felt that I could justify stopping to buy beer on the way home. Which I did.

After dinner (veggie burgers with sauteed peppers and onions and curly fries) I finished up a piece I was working on for the next Action Geek Issue. (You might want to skip this one as my piece is total crap from start to finish.) Although according to the AG, "WELL WRITTEN... exactly what Action Geek needs:
more experiential, honest, inspired reviews about stuff we're interested in..." So, you can judge for yourselves, but please be kind.

Our internet quit working for last night for reasons known only to itself, so I was faced with restlessness, no internet, and only the boring sections of the Sunday Times left. We hadn't got any new Netflix in, so I raided our meagre DVD collection for something to watch until the sleeping pills kicked in. (Sidenote: my drugs have been giving me nightmares again. I have this recurring dream that I am living with the HIPPOS again and they keep getting cats that they fail to spay or neuter and we are overrun with kittens and dirty dishes. And they refuse to listen to me when I tell them to get their damn cats fixed which forces me to become PHYSICALLY VIOLENT with them and then I wake up feeling strangely satisfied and also freaked out.) I popped in Pirates of the Carribean, which I have never seen all the way through because, well, I am not enamored with Johnny Depp and I think Orlando Bloom is a TOTAL JACKASS and I don't know why anyone thinks he is hot, especially with that gross little skinny moustache. Gah!

Anyway, I watch the movie, it's pretty engaging, has key scenes involving corsets, and then suddenly THERE ARE SKELETON PIRATES!!!! NOONE TOLD ME THERE WERE SKELETON PIRATES!!!!!! Holy shit, is there anything cooler than that???? Why has this been kept a secret from me for so long?????? Is there some anti-skeleton-pirate conspiracy??

So yeah, despite Orlando Bloom's fagtastic moustache, POTC was a kick ass movie.
God damn. And I thought a movie based on a disney world ride (which I remember being pretty cool, but without skeletons...) was a dumb idea. The Schooligan stands corrected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, we both are fully aware that skeleton pirates are a completely redeeming factor for any otherwise shitty prospect. In basic algebra, let's let 'sp' stand for skeleton pirates, and 'q' stand for the quality of the movie/musical/parental lecture.

We then see that;

q = (any event)^sp

Thus said, the amount of skeleton pirates seen during the event increases the quality EXPONENTIALLY!! I bet Passion of the Christ would have been at least 12 times better if skeleton pirates showed up at the last supper!

Later.
-Dev

Anonymous said...

I do see your point..and your equation is sound Dev..Hower

if
Sp= Skeleton Pirates.
and Q= the quanity there of...
I wonder what happens when you factor Y..if Y=Ishtar(or House of the Dead)
SPxQ+Y=Still sucks hhehe
(for Y is such a Negative Integer at this point)

Otherwise I concur with the math.
P.