Monday, September 26, 2005

Give me one good reason that every weekend is not a three day weekend?

I took this past Friday off so that I could do important things like, nap, get my hair colored (which is looking v. purple today), and drive PT and myself to NH. We met up with Mike H at Rumney where I made a total ass of myself pretending that I could climb. Although, in my defense, I did manage a 10b at Jimmy Cliff and we can just ignore the bit where I flopped upside down and sideways trying to clean the route on the way down. Here I am being my usual ridiculous self and not actually climbing.
DFD3

After dragging PT all over Rumney, I promised him whatever it would take so that he wouldn't hate me. Great. Now I owe him a SOLID GOLD SPACESHIP.

Post-Rumney, we drove up to Lincoln for some Chinese food. There is this restaurant that we like that serves the best Chairman Mao's Tofu on the planet. We ordered that, the CM Chicken (which looked like deep fried testicles), sesame beef, dumplings, scallion pancakes and cold peanut noodles. There was a LOT LESS food leftover than we thought. Apparently just thinking about climbing makes one ravenous.

Spent the night at Lafayette campground around a lovely fire made of pilfered wood, and awoke the next morning somewhat rested, although stiff. Mike took me to Echo Crag, which was a really cool single pitch trad area. I lead a couple of routes and toproped a 10a (twice!) just so that I could feel like it IS possible to climb harder than 5.6 (successfully).

Here are PT and I in front of Lafayette. Of course, he is trying to flip off the camera and I have my GIGANTIC gob open.
P&J at Lafayette

Sunday I spent the ENTIRE DAY lazing about eating brownies and reading the Sunday Times. Emily stopped over for coffee in the morning and we talked about our general lack of ambition. Although, I did walk to Big Lie later on for some chocolate sauce to put on the vanilla ice cream that I put on the brownies. Don't even tell me ambition should be made of sterner stuff.

No comments: