Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Slapstick weekend

I recently crossed over to the darkside and got cable. I got tired of begging and pleading with Verizon to make the internet work. Which didn't work consistently and cost a lot of money for something I could rarely use. I discovered that for LESS than I was paying for internet and phone, I could have internet and TV. So I signed up. I have to say that I haven't had TV since I graduated from college and I feel really decadent lazing about watching all manner of (entertaining) crap.

Sunday night, G and I cuddled up to watch the PBR. I have to say that even though I have moved back East and hung up my spurs I still really enjoy watching rodeo. Especially bull riding. (I dated a bull rider a million years ago. Let me just say that it got kind of old watching him get gored and stepped on every week.) Say what you want about rodeo being cruel to animals, (that would be FOOD if they weren't performing) I don't really think it is and having spent a good deal of time in back of the chutes can say that the majority of these animals (that make people a lot of money) get treated pretty well most of the time and annoyed for approximately 8 seconds per week. And let's face it, you can't really make a 2000 pound bull do something it doesn't want to do. (Where did that soapbox come from?)

As the short go began we heard a terrible crash, the sound of cat food flying everywhere and little kitty feet racing around the kitchen. Jumping up we discovered that Ninja had somehow climbed up into the cabinet in the pantry where I stored the cat food, opened up the flip top lid on the plastic container, spilled the cat food all over the place and had gotten the lid stuck around his head. Of course this freaked him out and he was frantically racing around with his head stuck, crashing into things and trying to dislodge himself. After we stopped laughing we managed to catch him and pry the lid off his head.

Body Massage

On Monday I dragged my brother and sister out for a hike. Somehow I thought 24 degrees was plenty warm for traipsing up the side of a mountain. The side of a mountain which, due to the warm again-cold again winter we've been having, was a mixture of snow and ice. Mostly ice. In addition to our faces freezing to the point that we were slurring like drunks every time we tried to speak, we each took several comic spills while trying to glissade our way down.

No comments: