Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thursday 13


Thirteen SongsThe Schooligancan listen to on infinite repeat (The Bluegrass Edition):


1. 1952 Vincent Black Lightening- Del McCoury (I love this song so much. There is something so beautifully tragic about a motorcycle accident.)
2. Let An Old Racehorse Run- Del McCoury (Again, so beautiful and sad.)
3. Man of Constant Sorrow- Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys (Although any version of this song ROCKS. I keep pestering my boyfriend to cover it with his hardcore band. No luck yet...)
4. Every Time You Say Goodbye- Alison Krauss (I am a little bit in love with her. She is so amazing.)
5. Rusty Cage- Johnny Cash (I have to say I like Cash's cover better than the Soundgarden original, which is also a kick ass tune... But man, That Johnny Cash.)
6. I am Weary (Let me rest)- The Cox Family (This song has literally made me cry in my car. I don't know why but this type of music really hits a nerve...)
7. Same Ole River- Sam Bush. (Just really singable. And pretty)
8. Wreckin' Ball- The Frantic Flattops (Although not technically bluegrass, I feel like I can include Rockabilly on my list. Rockabilly shares all my sentiments about liquor, fast cars and loose women.)
9. Hot Rod Lincoln- Any (Love love love this song. "Breaks are good, tires fair")
10. Miner's Refrain- Gillian Welch (I love her. So sad, so beautiful and I really wish she'd get a better haircut)
11. All For You- Nina Nastasia (Yes, not technically bluegrass either, but so beautiful and sad, which apparently appeals to me quite a bit.)
12. Sympathique- Pink Martini (I have a thing for songs in French that I can only partially understand. Still these guys are amazing. Really. Amazing.)
13. Viva Las Vegas- Elvis (I have no idea why, but this song makes me deliriously happy. Over. And. Over. And. Over.)

5 comments:

Kimmy said...

I only know one song...Viva Las Vegas. Now I can't stop singing it. That makes me happy.

MY 13 are up!

Froggie said...

mmmm... not to familiar with most of those songs.... But I have heard of viva los vegas! Great song!

Got my TT up.

Kelly said...

You're making me want to bust out my ipod....

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

Anonymous said...

The only song I recognize is Viva Las Vegas. I'm not sure I've listened to Bluegrass. What is Bluegrass music? Hmmm.

Thanks for visiting my 13!

Anonymous said...

Wow. And I thought I knew a little bluegrass! I don't know that I've heard any of these songs, except the Alison Krauss one. I am in awe of her; she's absolutely amazing.