Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday 13

Thirteen Reasons My Birthday ROCKED This Year (In no particular order)

1. Ems coming all the way from BROOKLYN to have dinner with me.
2. Getting not one but TWO bouquets of flowers from that special someone.
3. Pho Dakao living up to all the hype. I mean, MY hype. I've always thought it was awesome, I'm glad others agree with me.
4. PT "fixing" my cake so it wasn't lopsided. (Dammit! Why didn't I get a picture to show Rob?)
5. DKNY's "Be Delicious". Morgan, you are AWESOME!
6. Master Shake
7. Woodford FUCKING Reserve, thank you Jack! This bourbon is only available to gods and higher order Cherubim, which is why I have never perchased it. Good thing my friends have fewer black marks on their souls than I do.
8. Everyone being kind to my cake mishap (although doused with liquor, it was quite good, quite good)
9. I don't really feel any older. (Despite teetering on the edge of 30. Ok, not teetering so much as seeing 30 looming on the horizon and laughing maniacally.)
10. Fitting into my "skinny jeans" despite eating and drinking like I was at a bacchanalia for the previous week.
11. Handmade mullet card. (Is there any better way to show that you care?)
12. My coworkers giving me a pound of chocolates.
13. Being with the people I love and who love me despite all of my neurosis. Usually.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Happy Birfday again

Joan said...

Happy Birthday!!! (Wish I were "teetering on the edge" of 30 again!!!)

My 13 are also posted.

Undercover Angel said...

Happy Birthday. My TT is up.

Froggie said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had an awesome birthday!! :)

Got my TT up!

amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said...

thanks for the post and the laugh - skinny jeans and mullet cards...ahahahahaha!

my list is up - stop in and say hello :)

Carmen said...

Happy birthday. Turning 30 is traumatic, I won't lie, but my 30s are SO much better than my 20s.

My list is up
http://carmenhasgonetoplaid.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!! my tt are up

Anonymous said...

Woohooo! Hurray for you, glad to hear you had a rocking bday!

Congratulations... *singing loud*

Frances D said...

Happy Birthday!
Your list gave me a giggle.
Thanks for sharing.
Take care,
Frances

Norma said...

Happy birthday. Yeah. 30 was tough. Got much better after that.

elaine said...

happy b-day dahling

'Usually'? foo

D'ya mind if Rob joins us for climbing the w/e of the 13th?

xxo