Tuesday, May 30, 2006

One tick, two tick, ick ick

I must say that the holiday weekend was a success! I went climbing and managed to lead a couple of trad routes without losing my shit completely. Yes, they were only 5.6, but they were wet. That's got to count for something. Oh and we ate at the Chinese place in Lincoln that has the General Gau's tofu that is so totally amazing that I am drooling right now at the thought of it.

Sadly, on the way home Sunday evening, we witnessed the aftermath of this accident. Which I can't stop thinking about. I am terrified of car accidents and bad drivers in general, and seeing the charred remains of a wreck like that one and stretchers and emergency vehicles all over the road gives me nightmares. And knowing that 2 kids lost their parents in the accident just makes me feel sick inside.

Inexplicably, my sister found 2 ticks on her today. I need to get her a flea collar or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad my friends weren't the ones in the blaze....
Since that day, I've been imagining car crashes everywhere I go. It can't be healthy.