Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday 13

13 Things That Kept Me From Sleeping Last Night

1. It was too hot.
2. The fan was too “blowy”.
3. The fan was too LOUD.
4. Woke up suddenly to (possibly imagined) smell of electrical burning. Unplugged fan, cell phone charger, lamp and laptop.
5. Remembered that had left laptop on floor and worried that would wake up and step on it. Moved laptop to table.
6. Cats using bed as a springboard to get to the window.
7. Then fighting about it.
8. Horrifyingly real nightmare that went out to get into car and car had developed SEVERE rust literally overnight.
9. PMS headache that refused to respond to pain relievers.
10. Getting up to pee.
11. Cats using pee break as excuse to start demanding breakfast at 4 am
12. And 4.10, 4.12, 4.20, 4.30, 4.45, 4.46, 4.48, and 5
13. Cats demanding post-breakfast snuggle and suffocating me in fur.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like my nights. I usually get out of bed 4 or 5 times before actually getting to sleep. Hubby has to sleep with a fan...drives me nuts. My cats generally dont try to wake me, they just play really loudly

alyceclover said...

That sounds like my daughter's nights, with 5 cats, and a dog. And a new puppy. Complicated by me getting up at least twice to go the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

Yes...but there is now anti cat firepower on call 24 hours aday.
Have gun will travel.. I mean sleep

Enjoy Doo.
SV