Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Free Pineapple

On Sunday I went to the annual Clam Chowder Fest in Rutland, MA. It's a thing we do with my grandmother, and it's pretty fun. Except the part where I don't really like chowder all that much, but I don't know how to break it to an 84 year old woman. Last year it was really bad; I went pretty hung over from the night before. Let me just say that there are precious few things that are worse than unlimited clam chowder when you are hung over.

This year, it was pretty much the same, except I didn't feel like I was going to vomit at any second. I had a bunch of chowder and an Orange Crush. In all honesty, I probably had like 7 spoonfuls of chowder, but it felt like so much more. There was one delightful surprise this year to set the festival apart from other years: A Free Pineapple.

Some real estate company was giving them out. I thought I was going to have to get my dad to refinance his house to get one, but they were free for the taking. I managed to grab the 2nd to the last one and my sister and I spent the remainder of the day walking around with it and poking each other with the leaves.

No comments: