Monday, August 28, 2006

Makin Biscuits

There was this one time in college where I had like nothing to eat and only a box of bisquick in the house (probably there when I moved in), so I ate biscuits for about 4 days straight.

So, you know, there is a certain amount of nostalgia whenever I make them.
Just now, I slathered on butter and blueberry preserves (made by monks!) on an oven fresh biscuit. As I took the first bite, I dripped butter on my toes. Before reaching for a napkin, I looked to see if Ninja was around anywhere, but he was already lapping melted butter off the floor.

I don't know when, but all of a sudden my little kitty turned into a giant panther. Maybe it is just the contrast between him and 33% of Underfoot (the rest is hair, and is at the groomers), but DAMN, if that cat isn't suddenly huge.

Spent the weekend in North Conway with Rob and Scott. We had almost a mini epic climbing Standard Route at Cathedral. Rob was kind enough to minimize my mental breakdown on pitch 2. Scott was kind enough to remind me of the loose block he could very nearly have knocked onto my head. But you know, we followed it all up with Indian food and all's well that ends with paneer.

Sunday morning, after "stealth camping" in the National Forest, Rob and I work up super early to get going on a climb before it rained. As we were driving back down the Forest Service Road, we came around a slight bend and saw A MOOSE! Luckily, it just mosied on down the road and eventually made its way back into the brush. But DAMN, if those things aren't HUGE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm...biscuits...crab rangoons...clam chowder...how come reading your blog these days just makes me hungry? not fair.

slev

The Schooligan said...

It's beacause all I do is eat. Seriously.