Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Mild Annoyances

Gargamel brought over some lovely dinner tonight, Big Lie brand Shells & Cheese. You know, the kind with the gooey cheese pack instead of the powder. The top shelf macaroni. He had my favorite cashier at the store, Doris, who is this no-nonsense woman who looks down at customers over her glasses and always seems mildly annoyed with everything. My kind of person!

For some reason, Cock has been reeeeeaaalllly getting to me lately. Everyone there is just so socially awkward and irritating. Like the guy who comes by my desk and says things like, "What ARE you drinking?" (It was iced tea, albeit weak looking and in a Poland Springs bottle, but what's it to you?) And then proceeds to hang out for 5 agonizing minutes talking about how he drinks green tea in his Borders travel mug and uses the same tea bag all day and just keeps filling it with hot water, so by the end of the day it's pretty weak, so yeah, tea.

Or Turquiose Sweater Vest who hands me a fax from the machine and tells me it's very important so I had better walk it downstairs to it's recipient right away. For some reason, this man makes every thing he says sound so annoying and is obsessed with all manner of minutia. I cannot stand this man, so when he gave me the fax lecture about how it was so time sensitive (it wasn't) I immediately put it into a time capsule marked "Do not open until 2047".

Later that day he came over to tell me that there is this Italian restaurant in Hopkinton that he and his wife go to, that's nothing special, but it's family owned and either you like it or you don't, you know? Well, up at the cash register they have York Peppermint Patties and everytime he goes in they seem to be getting more expensive. Last time he was there they were up to TEN CENTS, but he just has to have one after his meal. You know?

No comments: