Friday, December 01, 2006

I'm in Love with Dylan McKay

No, really. The first season of 90210 came out on DVD (finally!) this month and OF COURSE I sent it straight to the top of my Netflix queue, I mean if there is any show that is representative of my generation this would have to be it. Even when they all got old and involved in ridiculous plotlines (Um, Dylan's sister Erica is a crack whore?)

Last night I watched the episode where Dylan and Brenda go out for the first time after he freaks out because his dad is all sketchy and Jim Walsh (who, like Slevs said, seems to spend the entire first season wandering around looking baffled.) is all, "I don't like that Dylan. His dad is being indicted for securities fraud." (Ok, I don't even know what securities fraud is. It makes no more sense to me that it did in 1990. All I know is that it is BAD and involves lots of money. And a witness protection program.) Anyway, it was like being 14 again, because Luke Perry IS SO HOTTT, and I was all *sigh* and "I wish I could go out with Dylan McKay." Which brings up the question of, What the hell is Luke Perry doing these days? I mean after his rollicking success in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (not as good as the TV show) and one of my most embarassing favorite movies (right up there with Seven Brides for Seven Brothers) 8 Seconds where he plays the ill-fated bull rider Lane
Frost (based on a true story).
If you haven't seen this movie, please do. If only to watch the cowboy wedding scene (Luke Perry wearing a STRING TIE!*)

Update: Apparently he was in a terrible movie in 2005 and is vaguely upset by the African HIV situation. He's also doing an HBO series by the guy who did Deadwood, and therefore has the potential to not suck. SHIT!

*Yes, I know it's called a BOLO, but STRING TIE is so much funnerer to say. When I waited tables at the dude ranch I had to wear one. The King got me a special one for my birthday that had a gigantic western saddle. STRING TIE!

No comments: