Monday, January 07, 2008

Master Cleanse Day 1: The best laid plans

In a moment of collective health-consciousness (or collective crack smoking) some of my esteemed colleagues and I have decided to embark on the fabled "Master Cleanse", aka "Maple Syrup and Lemonade Diet". It's a group effort which makes the idea of drinking this crap (and nothing but) for 5 days slightly less noxious. And misery loves company.

My constitution decided to throw a kink into our carefully laid plans and I got really sick yesterday. I am sure this is due, in part, to my adamant declaration that "I don't really get sick." Because I am. I spent most of last night in bed weeping with a fever, body aches and a non-productive and extremely painful cough. Not even disc 1 of the Tudors could distract me from how miserable I felt.

I called out sick from work and had Morgan bring over the Cleansing Supplies for the others. But not before mixing up 2 Nalgene bottles of the stuff for myself. I have been dutifully sipping it in between naps and coughing fits and I have to say... IT'S NOT THAT BAD. Except that I put too much cayenne pepper in this batch, so it's not that bad except for the fact that my lips are on fire.

I'm not feeling hungry either. But not sure how much may be due to the fact that I feel absolutely wretched. Still, I'll take it!

No comments: