Friday, May 20, 2005

Blunch

On a recent episode of Phantom Gourmet some restauranteur developed a meal that he called BLUNCH. You know, like, as an alternative to Brunch? Whatever.

Anyway, I had lunch with a v. good friend of mine recently who simplified her relationship trauma thusly: I am either going to marry someone who I am not sure I am in love with or I am going to die alone.

Of course, being the wise and supportive friend that I am I said, There are worse things than dying alone.

Right, she retorts, I could be an amputee!

So there you have it. Out of all the paths and choices in the world, we managed to sum it all up into 2 basic alternatives: Either you are stuck in a questionable marriage or you die alone and with some of your limbs missing.

Sidenote: The dude in the office next to me is eating NECCO wafers and just acted SURPRISED when they tasted gross.

No comments: