Friday, May 20, 2005

I'm wide awake...it's 4 AM

Was oh-so rudely awakened this morning by UnderFoot retching and coughing up a very impressive hairball. As I snapped out of sleep and into the cruel 4 am reality, I thought, That's weird. She doesn't usually do that. I mean, I can't think of any other time she has barfed up a hairball. Why now? Why so early? Then I realized that the grocery had been out of her usual salmon-tuna flavored cat food and I had grabbed a bag of the Intense Hairball Formula. Which, I guess, totally works. To her credit, she did try to cover it up by attempting to scape bits of carpet over it.

When I dragged my unshowered but perfectly coiffed self (I got a haircut yesterday. YES! Now once again, I shall be flooded with invites to restaurant openings and movie premieres) out of bed a few hours later, I decided to deal with The Very Impressive Hairball straightaway before my eyes were even open. I got out the OxyClean I had purchased after the unfortunate Red Wine Incident (too lazy to link to it. sorry.) and sprayed it on the barf stain. I let it sit the requisite 3-5 minutes while I got dressed and when I returned, THE STAIN WAS GONE! I actually said, THANK YOU OXYCLEAN, outloud. Just like on TV!

I just got email from my newly departed co-worker (whom I miss dearly because he and I were always quoting from Napoleon Dynamite and Office Space and laughing at the TSV). He says, (and how much do I heart him for this??): I always thought that "Bab" and "Power Environmental" were un-necessary parts of the company name.

Indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can sympathize way to well with the 4 AM awakening, the same thing happened to me the other day. Well, except for the verry impressive hairball and the perfect coif parts. Lert's do drinks soon so I can compliment the perfect coif in person!