Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Some say the world will end in fire...

Some say ice.
From what I've sampled of the fucking Wintergreen sore muscle rub,
I hold with those who favor fire.

Yeah, so after 2 days of quasi-hard climbing, I was pretty sore. Gargamel lured me out to Western Mass with the promise of dinner, a roaring fire and a back rub. Little did I suspect that I would be on fire. After dinner and fire, he rubbed THIS into my aching muscles. It felt pretty good. Cool and hot at the same time. I felt my aches relaxing away...

And then all of a sudden it was like my back was on COLD FIRE and someone had injected icicles into my veins. OH. MY. GOD. I huddled under a pile of blankets, and burned and shivered. It was like I was in Antarctic Hell. G ran me a hot shower and I stood under the hot water until I felt the icy burn subside enough that I could get back into bed*.

Lesson learned: Use sparingly.

*My back does feel loads better today, and it cleared up my sinuses. But at what a price!

No comments: