Wednesday, January 18, 2006

How am I supposed to love myself when it's OBVIOUS that God hates me?

Seriously.

I had a premonition that this would happen: I pay off my car and it immediately falls apart.

And the thing about Volkswagens is that they are constructed from mystery so only 4 people in the world know how to fix them, and they charge at least $300. Every. Time.

Last week, in between more trips to the doctor than is reasonable for someone my age, I dropped my car off to get an alignment. The garage calls me back and says that in addition to the alignment, I also need new ball joints (which are apparently very imprtant in preventing the wheels from falling off). I ask how much it is going to cost, the dude does some quick calculations and... yup. $300. (Turns out it was only $291! A bargain!)

Today, while PT was driving back from Framingham the car apparently hiccuped and the CHECK ENGINE light came on. After said hiccup, the car appeared to be driving fine. ANd it is. Except for that glaring orange reminder that I am now the proud owner of a car that is going to fall apart at any moment.

*sigh*

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

God doesn't hate you. Maybe he's telling you you need a different car. The Chinese are working on some new ones. They should be nice and cheap.

Anonymous said...

ok, the check engine light doesn't mean doom. seriously. i know, my car falls apart more often than staged hollywood marriages (oh! i am so witty! love me!), but it can be nothing. just get it checked out before your car comes to a grinding halt (literally) on the side of the highway during rush hour on a friday.

not that that would happen to anyone.

elaine said...

echoing slev -- engine lights are no biggie, Mikey's is always on and it continues to run fine.