Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thursday 13



Thirteen Things The Schooligan Misses About Being a Cowboy




1. Being able to wear chaps and not look ridiculous
2. Spurs that Jingle Jangle Jingle
3. Doing shots of Wild Turkey at the Rodeo ("kickin' the chicken" and also perfectly legal. The concession stand sold hard liquor. Imagine!)
4. Being able to say "Y'all" and "Folks" without anyone wondering why
5. Listening to the coyotes howling at night
6. Working the chutes for calf roping
7. The sound of boots on a wooden floor
8. Drinking beer outside the barn after work
9. Rounding things up (horses, cows, people)
10. Feeling PHYSICALLY exhausted at the end of the day
11. Not caring how dirty I am
12. Wide open spaces
13. Waking up in the morning knowing the only thing I have to do that day is get on my horse and ride




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!




6 comments:

Kelly said...

LOL at #1!

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

Anonymous said...

I say ya'll and don't attend rodeos. What does that make me?? Oh wait, don't answer that. lol

Mine are up also.

The Schooligan said...

Yes, but do you live in New England? ;-) Not so well received up in here.

Uisce said...

Do you have to be a cowboy to drink beer in the barn? :) My 13 are up!

Anonymous said...

Your list brought back fond memories. I spent a summer working on a ranch (I was doing a bird study and the ranchers allowed us scientists to live and work on their land) I got to watch a branding, castration extravaganza. I loved the wide open spaces, the twang and humor of these people. I miss it.

My 13 are up. I am waaayyy behind reading my TT13s.

Anonymous said...

I say y'all all the time...but I live in SC. Wild Turkey, oh my! That was the very first shot I did on my 21st B-day!