Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things The Schooligan can not possibly hope to understand:


1. Why every single prescription medicine I take gives me nausea.
2. Why someone panelled the kitchen in fake wood.
3. How two very small cats can make SO. MUCH. NOISE. at 3 am.
4. Why "Rebel Without A Cause" is considered such a great movie. (I saw it recently and was v. disappointed. I would have thought James Dean was less of a wuss.)
5. Plumbing. I just don't get it. Especially the plumbing in my house which was apparently installed by an epileptic drunk.
6. Why hospitals charge for parking. That just seems so very mean. Like, I am visiting my dying mother and now I have to rummage around for $5? Not cool.
7. How people can suffer with VISIBLE PANTY LINES rather than wear a thong.
8. Why people on Ebay will bid ridiculous amounts of money for things that you can get IN A STORE NEAR YOU FOR LESS MONEY. Or, if there are no stores nearby, go to the store's website.
9. Why all of the Indian restaurants in my town are being replaced by Vietnamese Restaurants. Don't get me wrong, I love Vietnamese Food SO MUCH, but there are already 3 Vietnamese restaurants ON THE SAME STREET IN LESS THAN ONE MILE. Do we really need another one? Especially at the expense of House of India.
10. Why I am incapable of having the patience to blow dry my hair more than once every 2 months. I just can't do it. No matter how much better it makes my hair look.
11. The people who talk on their cell phones while working out. Huh? How do you run 2 miles while talking on the phone? No, seriously, how do you do it? I have enough trouble trying not to drop dead never mind have a conversation.
12. Why, at age 27, Farting and Fart Jokes are STILL FUNNY. (I am laughing RIGHT NOW just thinking about farts.)
13. How someone could not absolutely love Johnny Cash.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Running2ks
>Memoirs of a Squashed Toad
KellyNellyNello
Karen
Chickadee-dee-dee
Jen
Ms. Crystal


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!




13 comments:

Running2Ks said...

LOL on the plumbing. I feel that way about This Old House I live in :)

After Walk the Line everyone will love Cash.

My 13 are UP!

Madelaine said...

HEHE! Love your list! I've never understood why people can live with visible panty lines too... I mean, there are solutions to the problem!

Thanks for stopping by earlier

Kelly said...

#7 is hilarious! I will never understand that either!

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

Anonymous said...

Running and talking, I couldn't agree more. I also don't understand the people who buy the latest work out garb, show up with perfect hair and makeup AND reek of perfume! To give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps they don't fully understand what gyms are used for. *grin*

Great list! Really enjoyed reading it.

My TT is up.

Janne said...

"Why hospitals charge for parking. That just seems so very mean. Like, I am visiting my dying mother and now I have to rummage around for $5? Not cool."

I feel the exact same way!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the hospital parking charge thing. Like they're not making enough money already.

I HATE thongs. It's like one big wedgie. If it comes down to it, I just don't wear clothing where I know my pantyline will be showing. I'm very self-conscious about it. LOL.

My 13 are up.

Jen said...

I don't know, I'm 35 I still think fart jokes are funny...

I hear you on the hospital parking, too! When my daughter was in the NICU for four months we had to pay every freaking day so we could see her. That stank!

My 13 is up!

Anonymous said...

Did you hear about the family that wants a new life so they are selling the family on Ebay, was on the news today....Very Funny indeed.....
And I too never chat at the gym...I put on my ear buds and get to work....

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah Worcester Hospital charges for parking....Cause it is downtown..Please it is Worcester for gods sake...

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with number 8 and I am 34 and still laugh when someone farts or tells a fart joke!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, my 13 are up!

Anonymous said...

*Laughs* you have a very funny list! :)

Have a great weekend! :)

Kimmy said...

I am so glad to hear someone agree with me on "Rebel Without a Cause." I thought I was a lone bird.
My son, Jacob, will be glad to know that just because people get older doesn't mean they have to stop laughing about farts.
My 13 are up...just slow to getting to every list.
http://kimmyandjacob.blogspot.com