Thursday, May 11, 2006

Confessions from the Top Secret Schooligan Files

I just finished a bowl of Edy's French Silk Ice Cream. (Am huge fan of the reduced fat ice cream. 1/2 the fat of regular ice cream = I can eat 2x as much!) For some reason, I am always suckered into this flavor. I don't know why. I don't even know what French Silk is. That's right, I have no idea what it is or why I even get it. Apparently I am not alone, as I googled "French Silk" and got about 1000 different recipes for pie.

In other ice cream news, my sister and I were at Dairy Queen the other week and got 2 Blizzards, Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and Snickers. We were totally disappointed to find that they had "Hardly any candy pieces in them." I mean, seriously, why get ice cream with yummy stuff blended in if there isn't any yummy stuff?

My sister emailed DQ headquarters and complained. Yesterday, she got a letter from Dairy Queen International apologizing for the Blizzards not living up to the quality standards we have come to expect from Dairy Queen's independently owned franchises. They included $7 worth of gift certificates and promised to launch an ivestigation into the Blizzard making at our local DQ.

Thank goodness! I would hate to see other people suffer the cruelty of Blizzards with "hardly any candy pieces in them."

No comments: