Monday, June 26, 2006

The Go To Hell Room Gets Redemption

This weekend the big project was filling a dumpster with all the crap left over from the previous tenants (who moved out over a year ago, btw). After about a zillion trips up and down stairs we had my 2 porches and the attic cleaned out. And a very full dumpster.

My dad was nice enough to help me fix the ceiling in the room off the kitchen formerly called the "Go to Hell Room" (where I dumped all the crap I didn't want to deal with. ever.)

Go to Hell Room Renovations

The fact that the room had a partailly caved in ceiling made it all the easier to shove stuff in it and forget about it. That and the fact that it had a ceiling fan SHAPED LIKE A BASKETBALL. No, there is no photographic evidence of said fan. It's in the dumpster along with a broken rock tumbler and crooked venetian blinds.

Everytime I touched it, the ceiling just fell apart.

Renovations 003

Sigh. (Ceiling repair as a metaphor for life?)

Plan B: We take the plaster board and just cover the entire ceiling so it doesn't crumble into bits onto my head. Except that I can't accurately measure dimensions so we ended up with oddly shaped pieces of board that didn't fit the ceiling.

We did, however, replace the light fixture. SLAM DUNK!
Renovations 002

No comments: